Parks & Recreation
Parks and Recreation NEWS
Parks and Recreation Programs & Activities
Public Comment Portal Now Available
- Want an easy way to send your public comments to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board or the Natural Lands Preservation Advisory Board, well now you have! Click here for the Form Center and select the Board or Commission you would like to give public comment to.
- Durango Community Recreation Center is OPEN! Please visit the Recreation Center web page for more information and guidelines.
- Parks and Recreation Administration Office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Durango Gymnastics is open and hosting a modified programming schedule visit here for more information.
- Chapman Hill - For Chapman schedule please visit here for more information.
Great Projects Happening Now
Rotary Park Restroom Construction and Gazebo repair:
New restrooms, landscaping, with improvements to the Gazebo and parking area with trees. more information can be found here.
Animas River Trail North & Oxbow Park River Access
Oxbow Park river access and a new segment of the Animas River Trail from East 36th Street to Oxbow Park and Preserve is OPEN! The trail corridor between E. 36th Street and Animas City Park will be complete and open to the public use on Monday, October 19, 2020. For more information please visit the ART North Extension web page.
Fire Adapted Durango Partnership
Fire mitigation plan for Durango’s wildland-urban interface zone (WUI) information here: View the Fire Adapted Durango Partnership Presentation here. Access website links to Fire Adapted Durango Partnership organizations here.