Durango, CO: Durango City Council will be reviewing the results of a community survey aimed at the gauging the “livability” of city.
The survey was conducted throughout the summer, and asked residents for their opinions on 10 central facets of the community, including economy, natural environment, and safety.
Council will hold a 2:15 p.m. study session and its regularly scheduled 5:30 p.m. meeting at council chambers, 949East Second Ave.
At the study session council will:
- Receive a presentation of the results of the community survey conducted over the summer. The survey measures the general attitudes and satisfaction levels of residents toward city services and programs. The survey was mailed to 3,000 households in city limits, and through an online URL available to the public.
- Receive information on updates being made to the draft Multimodal Transportation Plan. The update process began in 2021 with extensive public outreach to receive feedback from the community regrading transportation needs and vision.
At the regular meeting will:
- Receive the results of the annual transit ridership survey. Results show that 62% of riders who took the survey use Durango transit daily, and on average riders ranked their satisfaction with transit services and 8.3 out of 10.
- Hold a public hearing to review a proposed subdivision of a 19.5-acre parcel west of Mercy Hospital, where developer BLD Group is planning to build 492 apartments.
- Vote to set a public hearing to make Land Use Development Code text amendments. The amendments include minor updates to the city’s Accessory dwelling unit program, reconfiguration of the Community Development Boards and Commissions, and process improvements.
- Vote to set a public hearing and hear the introduction of a proposed ordinance for the Land Use Development Code that would make amendments to the city’s Fair Share Housing Program. The most significant updates include enhancing the potential for public-private partnerships between developers and the City or other government or nonprofit entity.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
|Do you have a comment, question or suggestion regarding this topic or others? ------------> Check out our "Connect and Engage" webpage and let us know!|
|Want to receive releases like this on city news? ------------------------------------------------------> Sign up at Notify Me and select "City of Durango News Flash."|
Public Information Officer
Phone: (970) 375-5090