COVID-19 Job Site Safety
Construction projects and companies in their supply chain are NOT EXEMPT from social distancing requirements. Please reference the following documents regarding COVID-19 information, and social distancing and hygiene protocols:
- City of Durango Face Covering Order News Release
- Colorado Association of Home Builders Blog (contains up-to-date COVID-19 information for builders)
- Colorado Association of Home Builders COVID-19 Job Site Safety
- State of Colorado COVID-19 Construction Guidance
In response to the Coronavirus emergency, physical visits to the Community Development office at River City Hall have been suspended until further notice. We will continue accepting and processing applications for permits and development approvals, but all application submittals must be done digitally.
Starting on July 27, 2020, Community Development staff will be ending furloughs and will be able to serve the public 5-days a week again.
If you have a project or permit currently in process, you may continue corresponding with the staff member you’ve been working with via e-mail. If you have a new inquiry, please use the following resources:
- FOR GENERAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INQUIRIES: Call the main phone line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR BUILDING PERMIT INQUIRIES, INCLUDING APPLICATIONS AND INSPECTIONS: Contact Jackie Cox at Jaclyn.email@example.com or (970) 375-4852.
- FOR ENGINEERING INQUIRIES, INCLUDING EXCAVATION PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS OF PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS/UTILITIES: Call the main phone line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REVIEW INQUIRIES: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR CODE ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Contact Steve Barkley at email@example.com or call (970) 375-4930.
- FOR PARKING ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Call (970) 375-4960.
Applications shall be submitted to staff digitally. If paper plans are required by the City, or to drop off mylars, etc., there is a drop-box located at the front door of River City Hall (DO NOT LEAVE ANY PAYMENTS IN THIS DROP-BOX). Payments for applications and permits will be accepted over the phone by calling the main line (970) 375-4850. Physical payments will also be accepted at City drop-box locations conveniently located at City Hall (949 E. 2nd Avenue), the Post Office (222 W. 8th Street), and Durango Public Library (1900 E. 3rd Avenue), and should be addressed to the Community Development Department and include a detailed description of the project. All approved permits will be emailed to customers.