Records & Information
City records are available and keyword searchable in the City's Online Records Database (and we are willing to help you with your search if you have any difficulties; send an email to the Records Manager). Types of records that are accessible to you online include:
- Agendas of more than 7,000 meetings of City Council and City boards and commissions (1958-current)
- Ordinances (2,400 of them, from 1881-current)
- Minutes of more than 10,200 meetings of City Council and City boards and commissions (1881-current)
- Resolutions of City Council (2,400 of them, from 1944-current)
- Many thousands of digitized historical records back to 1881, including thousands of photographs, and memorabilia, histories and audio recordings--plus 1,450 folders of records of historic building inventories.
- More than 4,000 news articles, newsletters and press releases about the City of Durango (1963-current; this is the best way to search for Durango Herald articles about the City)
- Budgets and financial reports of the City.
- Plans, reports, and studies that were produced for the City (1956-current)
If you would like to view City records within the Durango City Clerk's Office:
- Submit a Public Records Request online.
- Or, print and complete the pdf version of the Records Request Application (PDF). You may mail or bring it to the City Clerk's Office located in City Hall at 949 East 2nd Avenue, Durango, CO 81301. Please call (970) 375-5010 to verify the City's receipt of your faxed or mailed Records Request.
Fees are charged for obtaining copies of documents. For the schedule of fees, please see the Public Records Request form or the Public Records Policy (PDF), or contact the City Clerk's Office at (970) 375-5010.
The City of Durango adopted the Public Records Policy (PDF) in June of 2013; it was updated and revised as approved by City Council, effective July 1, 2014.
Police Records Request
If you would like to obtain a Durango Police Department record, you must use that department's form.