Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
The purpose of the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board is to oversee the maintenance, expansion, use, and protection of the city's parks and recreational facilities, as well as, enhance the natural beauty of the city and provide enjoyment, health and general welfare to its residents.
This board also provides recreational opportunities for groups and individuals that encourage the development of a comprehensive recreation program.
At a Glance
|Established by||Resolution 2018-9|
|Number on Board||Seven members and one alternate|
|Length of Term||Three years|
|Council Liaison||Councilor Chris Bettin|
|Regular Meeting Time||Second Wednesday of every month at 5:00 pm|
|Regular Meeting Location||Recreation Center|
The Recreation Advisory Board makes recommendations regarding:
- Improvements to parks, trails, the cemetery, and facilities developed primarily for recreation
- The urban forest of Durango within the street rights-of-way
- All parks and recreation areas
- Parkland acquisition or facilities for recreational purposes and their disposition
- Short and long range planning
The board also initiates, reviews, and makes recommendations regarding operational policy and programs.
|Brendan Trimboli, Alternate||02/19/2019||01/31/2022|
|Anthony Savastano, Vice Chair||03/05/2018||01/31/2021|
|Cathy Metz, Parks and Recreation Director||NA||NA|
|Laura Sofia Bader, Youth Ex-Officio||05/30/2018||08/31/2019|
|Richard Hoehlein, Chair||02/19/2019||01/31/2022|