Local Licensing Authority
Licensing Authority Overview
The purpose of the Durango Local Licensing Authority is to review and approve new liquor or marijuana license applications for local approval, changes in location of licensed premise, and hear cases against the licensee.
The authority also reviews and determines any alleged violation of the Colorado Liquor or Marijuana Code and maintains good communication with the Police Department and licensees.
In addition, the authority grants or refuses licenses and special event permits for the sale of alcoholic beverages, designates and assesses fees, effects rules and regulations provided by law, conducts investigations as may be required by law, and suspends or revokes licenses.
At a Glance
|Number on Board||Three|
|Length of Term||Three years|
|Regular Meeting Time||Third Tuesday of every month at 2:00 pm|
|Regular Meeting Location||City Council Chambers at City Hall|
The Durango Local Licensing Authority holds the power for the following:
- The scheduling and holding of hearings in conjunction with any applications for new licenses under the Colorado Beer Code, the Colorado Liquor Code, or Marijuana Code
- The scheduling and holding of necessary hearings in conjunction with any applications for a change in location with respect to an existing liquor or marijuana license within the City of Durango
- The scheduling and holding of any necessary hearings in conjunction with determinations of probable cause and resulting show-cause hearings pertaining to any alleged violations by a licensee of any term or provision of the Colorado Beer Code, the Colorado Liquor Code, or Marijuana Code
- Any matter pertaining to the issuance or renewal of liquor/marijuana licenses within the City of Durango which have not been specifically delegated to the office of the City Clerk
In addition to these specific powers, the Licensing Authority conducts the following:
- Designating and assessing fees
- Promulgating rules and regulations as provided by law
- Conducting investigations as may be required by law
- Suspending or revoking licenses for cause in the manner provided by law
The Durango Local Licensing Authority has all of the powers and is subject to all other restrictions as set forth in Articles 46, 47, and 48 of Title 12, and Colorado Revised Statutes, as the same may be amended, repealed, or re-enacted.
|Ron LeBlanc, Chairman / City Manager||NA||NA|
|Kathy Schneyer, Records & Licensing Technician||NA||NA|
|Dirk Nelson, City Attorney||NA||NA|